Curaçao has ratified the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (1978 STCW-Convention). This Convention has been amended in 1995 and in 2010. Mentioned amendment became effective on 1 January 2012. The amendments in the annex of the Convention, called the Code concerning Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW-Code) became effective on May 1st, 1998.
Since the adoption of the Convention, all crewmembers on Curaçao ships must hold a valid Certificate of Competence and Training. This document authorizes the lawful holder to perform certain functions and in the capacities, as specified. The requirements concerning knowledge, understanding and capacity for specific functions are stated in the STCW-Code. Such endorsement, diploma or certificate issued by another country, may be duly recognized by Curaçao and an official declaration (endorsement) may be issued.
The maximum validity of such an endorsement is 5 years, or expires at the same time as the underlying national document. As from May 1st, 1998 the STCW system has become effective.
Each crewmember has to be in possession of a Seaman’s book and valid documentation.
For obtaining a Seaman’s book:
First of all an application form must be applied for. The following documents should be submitted with this application:
- Two (2) identical passport photographs
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the foreign seaman’s book
- Copy contract of labor agreement
- A residence permit
- Valid seafarer medical certificates
To acquire Curaçao crew documents the following is required:
- Fully completed application form
- Certified True Copy of the valid Endorsement of the Crew member,
- Certified True Copy of the Certificates of the Crew member,
- Copy of the Passport cover and pages containing personal data,
- Enclose 2 passport photographs per requested item
- Certified True copies of Health certificates and Medical documents on Ear-and Eye tests,
- Certified True copies of Certificates for G.M.D.S.S., Pre-Sea, Oil-, Chemical-Gas Tanker, Fire Fighting, etc.,
- ( Proof of Sea Service e.g. copy of Pages with Embarking, Disembarking of Seaman’s book)
Incomplete Applications cannot be taken into consideration.
Crewing price list
Certificates of competency:
- ANG 170,– for Navigation Engeneering Officers & Ratings
- ANG 160,– for functions not mentioned under A
- ANG 140,– for every duplicate of a certificate
- ANG 170,– for Navigation, Engeneering Officers & Ratings
- ANG 160,– for functions not mentioned under a declaration for Ratings
- ANG 140,– for every duplicate of an endorsement
- ANG 375,– for Declarations crew, exemption crew, etc.
- ANG 250,– for Permission Master
- ANG 25,– Seamans book
All our prices are in Antillean Guilders.